Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
IsaBeL IsaBeL is offline

Default Line chart or scatter chart??

"rmellison" wrote:

I have many sets of data for which the x-values run up from approx 60 to 100,
and back down to 60ish. Each set of data consists of 200 points. I can
happily display each set individually on a scatter chart, with the categories
from, 60 (at point i=1)to 100 (i=100) to 60 (i=200). My probably occurs when
I want to display two sets of data on the same graph. For each set, the
x-values vary, for example another set could run from 65 to 95 then back to
65, but it still contains 200 points. Excel will only allow one set of values
on the category axis, so only one data set will be correctly represented by
the x-values. Using a scatter graph uses numerical x-values rather than
categories, so my x-values only go from 60ish to 100ish, which is not what i
want.

Is there any way to use numerical values on a line chart, and have each data
set represented correctly against the x-axis? Or similary can I create a
scatter graph with x-values running from 60 to 100 to 60?

Any help greatly appreciated.