Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brymor Brymor is offline

Default Establishing most common word in an Excel column

Gary, tks for your response.
There are only random repeats of the sixteen different compas points, form
NORTH around to NNW. So, each abbreviation can be classed as one word in each
cell
--
Thanks and kind regards,
Brymor

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Can there be moe than one word in a single cell?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Brymor" wrote:

Using Office 2003.
In my weatherstation data, [very long listings over 12 months x 4 readings
per day ], the wind's direction changes are listed as:-
NORTH, NE,SE,SE,EAST,ENE,WSW,SOUTH,SE,EAST, NW, WNW, and so on.
I would like to find a formula that will tell me the most prolific word in
the column list.
I hope that someone can help me here.
Thanks and kind regards,

Brymor