Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
bob g bob g is offline

Default Worksheet/chart tabs changed names!

It's Feb, 2010 and the problem still exists, very frustrating. Names stay on
some workbooks and get changed to chart1, chart2, etc. on others. Even
worse, sometimes the new names stay for several times, suggesting the problem
is solved, then they change. Doesn't appear to be affected by updating from
outside sources.
"Birmingham Futures" wrote:

My charts are still renaming themselves as well. It is November 2009. Is
there someone at MicroSoft we can contact? This is getting old.

"KarenW" wrote:

Has a solution been found to this problem yet? We switched to 2007 in the
spring. I have a workbook that worked fine until recently. I opened the
workbook and all of my charts have been renamed.

"javablood" wrote:

This same problem has been happening to me as well ever since I switched over
to 2007 last spring. As with others, it is more than a bit frustrating when
the actual names are relied on and then get switched back to default Chart 1,
Chart 2, etc. Isn't there any MVP out there that can get MS to look into
this?
--
javablood

"wgnewman" wrote:

I making a workbook that will have approx. 130 charts and name each tab as I
go. Yesterday, I finished up number 68 and this morn I opened the workbook
and found that ALL the tabs have converted to numerals! What would cause
that? I depended on the tab names to inform me of alignment of data.