Old January 22nd 10, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Paste Hyperlink result as working hyperlink

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:03:01 -0800, Bod
wrote:

Hi! I have a column of over 700 filepaths.
I have a column which turns those paths into hyperlinks:
=hyperlink("http://tbuk/"$B3)
These links work.
I want a single column that doesn't refer to the filepath, so I am trying to
replace the hyperlink formulae with the result as a hyperlink.
When I copy and paste, it seems to paste the result, but the link doesn't
work (though it still has the style of a link: blue underlined).
Is there a way to avoid having to press F2, Enter for every one?

Right click on one and select "edit hyperlink" and see what the actual
hyperlink syntax is there, because the visible string can say "up-yers"
and the inside is where the real pointer is at so the "link" takes you to
a different place than the actual text that appears.

That is so you can name the link, as in "Go To Home Page" or such, and
the underlying true link is the one that actually gets referred to.