Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Paste Hyperlink result as working hyperlink

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:03:01 -0800, Bod
wrote:

Hi! I have a column of over 700 filepaths.
I have a column which turns those paths into hyperlinks:
=hyperlink("http://tbuk/"$B3)
These links work.
I want a single column that doesn't refer to the filepath, so I am trying to
replace the hyperlink formulae with the result as a hyperlink.
When I copy and paste, it seems to paste the result, but the link doesn't
work (though it still has the style of a link: blue underlined).
Is there a way to avoid having to press F2, Enter for every one?

If you get a finger pointer mouse cursor change when you hover over it,
it is a hyperlink, and should evoke your browser, regardless of whether
it is even a valid link or not, and try to "go there"..

So try it. Paste in a valid directory pointer as a link and see if it
will take you there. If so, then maybe there is a problem with the pasted
link syntax somehow with your data set.