Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cannot Resize Workbook window

You are positive the workbook is not protected under ToolsProtection?

Have you just started using GroupWise in an older version of Excel?

The missing icons on the Title Bar on ALL workbooks could be due to
GroupWise being enabled.

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

Article is specific for 97 - 2002 but may be valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to
remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:15:02 -0800, Nightmry
wrote:

Have been working with the same Excel workbook for months. Today, when I
tried to open it, I found I could not maximize or resize the workbook.
The window control buttons (minimize, max, close) have disappeared and I
cannot get the resize arrow to appear so that I can resize it manually.

The workbook/worksheet is NOT protected and Full Screen view is NOT on.

Does anyone have any ideas other ideas on how I can restore resize
functionality to the workbook?

Mary