Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Data Validation drop-down

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:01:01 -0800, OssieMac
wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I don't think there is any answer to this. That is what drop downs usually do.

Consider it in the opposite direction. You have selected one of the first
options and the next time you want one of the last options then you have to
scroll to the bottom.

My time sheet app always opens at the beginning of the time list I give
it.

I assign a Name to a range and then put "=RangeName" Where "rangeName"
is replaced by the name of the range I just created.

in the validation box. That way if I expand the list, the drop down does
too, and I am pretty sure that it always starts at 12:00 AM, regardless
of what time I previously chose.