Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Data Validation drop-down

Hi Michelle,

I don't think there is any answer to this. That is what drop downs usually do.

Consider it in the opposite direction. You have selected one of the first
options and the next time you want one of the last options then you have to
scroll to the bottom.

OssieMac

"Michelle" wrote:

I have a cell with data validation drop-down in it. If I've already chosen
an item the list opens next time with tht item at the top of the list -
can't see the ones at the top unless I scroll up.

I want it to open showing the beginning of the list each time. Can I control
how it opens?

I am OK with a VBA solution if that's the only way to do it, too. but how
would I control that drop-down with code?

Thanks