Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default drag a formula downa column keeping one value the same?

Change your L30 to a absolute reference $L$30
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"column formula with a constant value" wrote:

I need to drag a formula down a column, but keep one value constant (when I
drag the formula down, the values in the formula change according to the row,
but I need to keep one constant so each cell's formula refers to one specific
cell.)

Ex. - =IF(L3040000,L1*.60,=IF(L30<20000,L1*.5,=IF(L30<4 0000,L1*.55,0)))

I need to keep the L30 values the same, while the L1 changes for each row,
but when I drag this formula down the column, the L30 changes.

Thanks!