Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jmj713 jmj713 is offline

Default Import data from one file to another

I have a daunting task of migrating data from old spreadsheets to a new
style. These are attendance records. I'm doing this now by hand, but there's
gotta be a way to automate it. Problem is, while I know Excel quite well, I
don't know macros or VB at all. And the old data is presented very
differently from the new. For example:

An old spreadsheet is a simple list with four columns: Last Name, First
Name, Shift, Date. The new spreadsheets are in a table format, and are much
more advanced. There is a single column for Name, and there are 31 columns
for days where either the AM or the PM shift is entered (P or M), which then
gets counted in the Totals column, and other operations.

Is there any way to ease my work? :)