Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel 2002 to 2007 Macro containing "Filesearch"

If that's true (I didn't check), then I'd say Microsoft made a mistake.

dede wrote:

So why could you still see it in the Object Browser & as well in the help
with the example how to use it ??

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\My Documents"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileName = "Run"
.MatchTextExactly = True
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
End With

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Filesearch was removed in xl2007.

You'll have to find another way--maybe using Dir or FileSystemObject?

dede wrote:

I have a macro running on a PC with the Excel version 2002.
This macro use the Filesearch and it's not recognize in a other PC running
with Excel 2007

By open the Object Browser under Classes, I can see this "Filesearch", but
in light !

How could I have it in bold (mean recognize ??)

Thank's for your help

--

Dave Peterson
.