Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
cathy downes cathy downes is offline

Default make 2007 the default when opening Excel files

I have both Office 03 and 07 installed - 07 was installed last and for the
last year it has been my default when double clicking on a file to open it.
For some reason this morning my system decided I no longer needed to use 07
and now everything opens in 03 when trying to open Excel files (all other
Office apps work fine and open in 07).

I saw a lot of Q&A on making 03 the default and tried to backward engineer
it so that 07 is the default but nothing is working.

Any thoughts on why it would stop working all of a sudden and what I can do
to fix it without having to completely reinstall or bite the bullet and
remove 03 all together?

thanks much