Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jflarmour jflarmour is offline

Default IRM Permission Disappeared in .xls file

"Steve Won" wrote:

Hi Daisy,

In regard to "the a trial service and services description in the
agreement" you addressed, I do not believe that it is appropriate to
try to protect Microsoft with using this for particularly this issue.

/// Imagine ABC motors company gave 100 cars to 100 people as a
promotion for 100 days trial.
These new cars use a technology which is a two verification process to
turn on the engine.
Verfication process includes the use of a key and the driver's
fingerprint which needs to be verfied from the central server. And
this remote fingerprint verification method has been used in the
industry for a long time.
So, some people drove this car to the desert and some went to the
Amazon jungle.

Suddenly after 20 days, the keys for 100 cars don't work due to the
fingerprint verification process failing, so they can't drive the cars
any more.
They might die there because they can't escape from the desert and
jungle without the cars moving.//

It might be true that they shouldn't go to the desert and jungle with
100 days promotion trial cars.
However, what would you expect from ABC motors company for this
situation?

I believe the answer is simple. They have to do their best to try to
save people without trying to protect their position as the impact of
this failure is huge.

So, WHAT IS MICROSOFT DOING since NOV 18?

Thanks,
Steve
.

I am also seeing this problem in both EXCEL2003 and 2007