Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paddy O''Moron Paddy O''Moron is offline

Default Folder/Directory listings saved in Excel?

Is it possible to save (to a file) a listing of the contents of a folder or
directory? This would be useful for comparing names of files in say two
different folders. It would also be good to save other attributes for the
files - not just the names. I know there are non-MS downloads available to do
this, but I'd rather have a MS-approved way of doing it. Surely some VB guru
can come up with a little program to do this?

I have a folder of files (.html). My users were to provide me a file of jpgs
- 1 jpg per html. I know I have jpgs without htmls, and htmls wiithout jpgs.
I know I could add the lot into one folder and sort on filename, and see
where I don't have a pair, but I have many files and folders, and I'd feel
better if I could do this in Excel, especially as I could show the users a
report of what is missing.

Thanks in advance to any Excel genuises out there

P O'M