Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NonTechie NonTechie is offline

Default Change gradient color in chart for Excel 2007

Yes, I got that to put patterns on my charts, especially histograms. I don't
see where it will help me with gradients. Do you know how to solve the
problem I described?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Do you know about Andy Pope's great add-in?
http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm
best wsihes

--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"NonTechie" wrote in message
I have Excel 2007. I want to have a gradient color for a chart. I go to
Format Chart Area and click Gradient fill and get a nice single color blue
gradient from light blue to white. I want to have a single color gradient
but
with a different color. The help menu talks about gradient stops, so I
tried
that, but when I use them with a different color, the blue is still on
part
of the chart. I really do not understand the gradient stop business. I
just
want to have a single color gradient with a color of my choice or a
two-color
gradient with two colors of my choice. I used to be able to do this with
ease
with Excel 2003, but can't figure out how to do it with Excel 2007. Any
help
would be most welcome.

.