Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default macro for row showing no column markings

Column widths and row heights are properties of the entire column and row.

Maybe Center Across Selection would work for you?

I hesitate to mention "merged cells" due to the problems they can cause but
for printing only they are useful.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:23:01 -0800, Brandy Barton <Brandy
wrote:

In an excel document, I want the top two rows to have one or two wide colums
that go across the page, whilst the remainder of the rows have much narrower
colums, up to 8 across the page - this will split the colums when shown and
printed out- can this be done - must admit to be very new to Excel and all
advice would be welcome.