Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default IRM Permission Disappeared in .xls file

I also have the same problem.. I would like to knwo if this issue can be
fixed.??

"Steve Won" wrote:

Hi there,

It seems this problem has been created by Microsoft system on Nov 18,
2009.
The impact of this problem should be similar to the one caused by
HOTMAIL service few years ago that a lot of hotmail users lost their
emails and contacts which hotmail server had kept due to the system
error at Microsoft.

At the moment, many people including myself can't access the documents
which have been used for a long time due to this problem.
The fact that we have used Microsoft IRM for our documents explains
that how important our documents having IRM function are for our work
and life.

I really would like to know whether Microsoft can fix this as this
problem is related to encryption technology.
Could someone explain whether it can be fixed by Microsoft or the
chance is low as Microsoft is not capable of fixing this issue due to
the lack of technology or etc although they created this system/
service?

If they can't fix this, I will have to believe that the time will come
soon when Robots can control human due to the system error human
created which was shown in I-Robot Movie.

Thanks,
Steve
.