Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
williamwza williamwza is offline

Default IRM Permission Disappeared in .xls file

Add me to the list of users who are experiencing this very serious problem.

"Brian" wrote:

Hello,
I have a very important .xls file (created in Excel 2003) that I had
protected using my MS Passport account with IRM.
I have opened it many times in the past in both Excel 2003 and 2007.
Now, when I try to open it, I am told that I do not have credentials that
allow me to open this workbook, but that I can request updated permission
from MYSELF.
Of course, to update permissions, I need to be able to open the file in the
first place.
No other users that might have had permission can open the file either.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

.