Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default HOW DO I SEPERATE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE VALUES FROM A COLUMN

Try this...

Assume the range of numbers is A2:A20. A1 is the column header. Let's assume
the column header is Nums.

In E1:F1 enter the column header Nums
In E2 enter <0
In F2 enter =0

Select the range A1:A20
Goto the menu DataFilterAdvanced filter
Select: Copy to a new location
The List range should already be filled in
Click in the Criteria range then select E1:E2
Click in the Copy to range then select E3
Click OK

That will extract all the negative numbers. Repeat the process for the
poistive numbers.

After you're done you can delete the stuff in E1:F2.

Also, Excel automatically creates defined names when you do the filter
operation. These names are no longer needed. You can delete them also.

Goto the menu InsertNameDefine
Select the name CriteriaDelete
Select the name ExtractDelete
OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FRANK" wrote in message
I HAVE A COLUMN OF FIGURES I WISH TO MAKE TWO MORE COLUMNS ONE SHOWING
POSITIVE VALUES ONE SHOWING NEGATIVE VALUES