Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Personal.xlsm

I use the same personal.xla (an addin) on both xl2007 and xl2003. I don't save
the addin as .xlam for xl2007.

The both work fine in both environments.

I've been lazy and haven't changed my toolbar/worksheet menu modifications to
use the ribbon, but that's ok with me.

(I'd leave them alone.)

Andy wrote:

Several people at my company have a personal.xlsm file that stores their
Excel 2007 personal macros. My understanding is that the correct name should
be personal.xlsb. They seem to work fine. I'm not sure how this happened,
perhaps when they tried to convert them from personal.xls?

My first question is: should I change the filenames from personal.xlsm to
personal.xlsb or leave them alone? And if I should change them, should I
just rename them outside of Excel?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--

Dave Peterson