Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Personal.xlsm

Hi Andy

Rename it with another extension will not work
I assume your personal.xlsm is hidden

On the View tab in the window group choose UnHide
Then do a save as xlsb
On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

You can find the correct location on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andy" wrote in message ...
Several people at my company have a personal.xlsm file that stores their
Excel 2007 personal macros. My understanding is that the correct name should
be personal.xlsb. They seem to work fine. I'm not sure how this happened,
perhaps when they tried to convert them from personal.xls?

My first question is: should I change the filenames from personal.xlsm to
personal.xlsb or leave them alone? And if I should change them, should I
just rename them outside of Excel?

Thanks for any suggestions.