Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
simmerdown simmerdown is offline

Default Personal.xlsm

My personal file has an extension of .xls. Perhaps it has to do with the
version of Excel you're using. I'm using 2003, so that may be part of it.

"Andy" wrote:

Several people at my company have a personal.xlsm file that stores their
Excel 2007 personal macros. My understanding is that the correct name should
be personal.xlsb. They seem to work fine. I'm not sure how this happened,
perhaps when they tried to convert them from personal.xls?

My first question is: should I change the filenames from personal.xlsm to
personal.xlsb or leave them alone? And if I should change them, should I
just rename them outside of Excel?

Thanks for any suggestions.