Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Grant Nordwall Grant Nordwall is offline

Default That's the issue - thanks

Hello, thanks Dave - that is exactly the issue. I have the same problem and if I switch to the other monitor, it behaves fine. Incidentally, on my machine, it's not the entire excel formula bar that is blank, only the first 8 characters. And if I hit F2 to edit, I loose the first 12 characters. But if I put it on the secondary monitor, everything is fine. (this may be why it seems like an intermittent problem).

Dave Peterson wrote:

Formula Bar contents missing
29-May-09

Do you use multiple monitors?

Griffen wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

On Friday, May 29, 2009 11:56 AM
Griffe wrote:

Formula Bar contents missing
The contents of my worksheet cells do not show up in my formula bars. I have
to use F2 to see and change the contents of my cells. The cells are not
locked or hidden, but nothing shows up in the For

On Friday, May 29, 2009 12:07 PM
Bernard Liengme wrote:

Say you have two numbers in A1 and A2, and =A1+A2 in cell A3If you click A3,
Say you have two numbers in A1 and A2, and =A1+A2 in cell A3
If you click A3, are you saying you see nothing in the Formula Bar?
How about if you click A1?
Tell use more, please
best wishes
--
Bernard

On Friday, May 29, 2009 12:16 PM
Griffe wrote:

In your example, if I click on A1, A2 or A3, the formula bar remains blank.
In your example, if I click on A1, A2 or A3, the formula bar remains blank.
I have to use F2 to edit the cell. Nothing appears in the Form Bar. If I
click on the Formula bar, only the contents of A3

On Friday, May 29, 2009 12:48 PM
Bernard Liengme wrote:

Very odd.
Very odd. I would be tempted to do a repair to Office
I cannot think of any option that hides things from Formula Bar
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Griffen wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

TreeView - JavaScript IE / FireFox IFRAME Combination
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...script-ie.aspx