Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Get current time NOW() but stop it updating

To record the timestamp manually you can hit Ctrl+; followed by space bar and
followed by Ctrl+Shift+;

To record the timestamp automatically you cannot use a formula. You will
have to use a VBA solution. Select the sheet tab which you want to work with.
Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE.
Paste the below code to the right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and
try out.

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A20")) Is Nothing Then
If Target.Count = 1 Then _
Range("C" & Target.Row) = Format(Now, "mmm dd, yyyy h:mm AMPM;@")
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"goneil" wrote:

I want to time stamp a cell automatically with the current time (ie) without
the data entry operator having to do anything, however I don't want it to
update all the time I want it to just remain as is permenantly. I cannot
make NOW() stay the same.
Cheers