Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R. Skowron R. Skowron is offline

Default How can I count items in a filtered list?

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will "COUNTIF" B2:B100 = "A" in a filtered list:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(B2:B100,ROW(B2:B100)-ROW(B2),0,1)),--(B2:B100="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tommy" wrote in message
do anybody know, how to use "countif" with filtered lists?

the function subtotal does not allow conditions (e.g. "name")
the function countif does it, but it count hidden cells, too

thank you for your ideas

"N Harkawat" wrote:

=subtotal(2,a1:a1000)

"Counting filtered data." <Counting filtered
wrote in message
I have an excel spread sheet table that I filter. I would like to be
able
count the number of cells in the filtered data. Anyone know how to do
this?
CountA returns the number of cells in the unfiltered data.
Tom

The use of the "sumproduct" formula confuses me and how it's applied.

I have a report at work that lists a number of categories for multiple
people. With the use of the "countif" formula I'm able to identify the
quantity associated with each category for the entire group. However, I want
to filter down to a particular individual and have the quantities now only
apply to that individual. Is there a way to combine the "countif" and
"subtotal" formulas to make this happen?