Matt D Francis

Yes, I figured the problem, needed single quotes round the workbook/worksheet
for it to work on mine.

Thanks a lot though - still got it sorted!

Matt

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Matt,

IT works fine for me, just tested it again.

You other workbook is open isn't it?

--

HTH

RP

"Matt D Francis" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply but I can't get this to work. I replaced mybook.xls
with the appropriate file name, but I get #REF???

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDIRECT("[myBook.xls]"&A1&"!A1")

but the other workbook must be open.

--

HTH

RP

"Matt D Francis" wrote in

message

I have a worksheet which needs to does a calcualtion on data in

another
workbook containing several worksheets.

Workbook 1 has something like

Col A Col B
Apr-05 =formula
May-05 =formula

Workbook 2 has several worksheets called
Apr-5
May-5

So I need my formulas in Workbook 1 to find the appropriate worksheet

in
Workbook 2 (identified in the adjacent) before doing their

calcualation.

It looks like I need to use maybe the INDIRECT function, or named

ranges
but
I can't quite get it...

Any suggestions?