Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Open Multible Instances of Excel

First, you don't need to open multiple instances to use multiple monitors:

You may want to review Chip Pearson's notes:
http://cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

Second, you still can still open multiple instances, but it will make it harder
to communicate between them (copy|pasting formulas for example).

Just open one instance, then open the second. Try clicking on an icon (on the
desktop???) that opens excel. I like to use:
Windows start button|Run (Flying windows r is a shortcut key for this)
type:
excel
and hit enter.

AJOLSON wrote:

Is there a way to have excel 07 to have multiple instances opened? I have
duel screens and would like to have two excel files open. Then put one file
on one screen and the other on the other screen. But because, by default,
excel open all files in one instance of excel then stacks them I can't put
one on one screen and the other on the other screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson