Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Auto Populate fields based upon dropdown selection

Check out Debra's site on creating dynamic validation:
http://www.contextures.com/xldataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Del" wrote:

I'm building a simple planning template, but I want it to be
multi-functional. Here's what I'd like it to do:
INPUT SHEET: User is prompted to select task from a dropdown list. List has
three options [OPT1, OPT2, OPT3]

When user selects a particular option, a column on that INPUT SHEET is
automatically populated with list of tasks that need to be done for that
option. Option 1 has 10 tasks. Option 2 has 5 tasks. Option 3 has 20 tasks.

Each task list is in a separate sheet (TASK SHEET) within the workbook that
will be hidden for users.

How do I make this happen - and can I make this happen with different sized
task lists?

For reference, I would want the Options data to begin in Cell A5 of the
Input Sheet.