Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dan DeHaven[_2_] Dan DeHaven[_2_] is offline

Default Formatting Percentages/LOOKUP using a Percentage

I'm not sure how you have your formula structured or how the percentage
column is formated, either could potentially be causing your problem.
But if say your percentage column was "F" this formula should work
*=LOOKUP(F2,{0,0.6,0.63,0.67,0.7,0.73,0.77,0.8,0.8 3,0.87,0.9,0.93,0.97},{"F","D-","D","D+","C-","C","C+","B-","B","B+","A-","A","A+"})*.
You need to remember to put the decimals in your "lookup_vector"
arguments and remember the "{}" in your formula.

If this doesn't help or shed light on the problem please reply with a
sample of the LOOKUP formula as well as a sample of the formula that is
calculating the percentage.

Best of Luck,

Dan

eed;482537 Wrote:
I have a column in a spreadsheet in which I need to return a letter
sequence/"score".

The sequence is based on two criteria:
1. LOOKUP - for which the reference data is a list of percentages in
the
following format: 1.00%.
2. A column containing a formula which calculates a percentage.

The letter sequence/score will not generate, and shows as #N/A.
I have tried copy/paste special values to remove the formula, but the
sequence will still not generate because the percentages are in the
following
format: 1.000000000000000%.

I have to manually re-key the percentage for every cell in order to get
the
score to generate in the 'score' column.

Please help - thanks!

--
Dan DeHaven
Dan DeHaven's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=748