Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Renee Renee is offline

Default Why can't I access the footer?

I'm sorry, I should have specified that I'm using excel2007. This isn't an
option there. I've tried to access the footer dialog and it's grayed out.

I'm able to insert one of the standard footers but not make any
modifications to it.

"Luke M" wrote:

Unlike Word, you can't click on the footer to edit it.

Go to File- Page Setup, Header/Footer.
Change your footer using this dialogue.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Renee" wrote:

I have a standard footer in place on my worksheet and I want to customize it.
I can't click on the footer, nothing happens (including that I can't see the
"footer" id. If I try to select footer, it's grayer out but clearly I have a
footer. Help!