Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default keyboard shortcut for dates and Time

Hi rexmann

Dont think there are any shortcuts other than the ones you mentioned. To
enter date and time together in a cell you can (Ctrl ;) followed by a space
followed by (ctrl shift ;)

The other shortcuts around date and time are

CTRL+SHIFT+# which apply the date format with the day, month, and year &
CTRL+SHIFT+@ which apply the time format with the hour and minute, and AM or
PM.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"rexmann" wrote:

Apologies - forgot to say using Excel 2007

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi All

I know the keyboard short cut for date (Ctrl ;) and for time (ctrl shift ;)

Is there a short cut to enter date and time together

Equally is there a shortcut to enter the time in hh, mins and seconds
(reading from the computers clock)? when I use ctrl shift and ; it just does
hh and mm (even if set to hh mm and seconds

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rexmann