Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default excel 2003: how do I fix: "Style 'Comma' not found"

You can change or Create or delete the Comma style. And I bet that's what
happened to the person sending you the file.

You can do it manually:

Format|Style (in xl2003 menus)
or
Home tab|Style group|Cell Styles icon (on the xl2007 ribbon)

Change or create the comma style to what you want.

Or......

Start a new workbook.
Open the offending workbook.

With the offending workbook active, click on Format|Style
Click on the Merge button
Select the new workbook
and click ok

Since styles live in workbooks, you'll have to do this to every workbook that
lost its style.

jrp9206 wrote:

I cannot use any of the format functions in certain excel files that I get
from other uses. How can I fix this?

--

Dave Peterson