Renny Bosch

Thanks Frank, I was afraid it was something like that.

Renny

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF:
Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range)
my_calculate = Application.Evaluate("=" & op1.Value & operand.Value &
op2.Value)
End Function

And now use in your spreadsheet in D1:
=my_calculate(A1,B1,C1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Renny Bosch" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like
to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell
to the numbers in two other cells.

Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a
formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5.

I have tried (among many other attempts)
=VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error.

What am I missing?