Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default #Div/0

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:
Second =X2/T2*12 does the same calculation as your.
So the parentheses are not necessary here.

Well, if we're nitpicking style....

I wholly agree with deprecating unneeded parentheses when they encumber
readability.

But I would say that 12*X2/T2 is better than X2/T2*12 in most contexts.

Even though they are functionally equivalent, thanks to the equal precedence
of / and *, I would say that X2/T2*12 is easy to misinterpret, and it is
easy to raise questions about the intent ( X2/(T2*12)? ).

If I were to express X2/T2*12 in that order, I would either write X2/T2 * 12
(added spacing) or, in fact, (X2/T2)*12.