Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default #Div/0

Hi,

I second Bob's comment on your other post - please post a question to only
one newgroup at a time.

You have plenty of answers between your two post, but let me encourage you
not to use the
=+(X2/T2)*12 syntax

First you don't need both = and + and in fact you should use only = to start
your formulas. =- is OK but not =+ It doesn't affect the formula results
but it is extra typing, takes extra memory, and is bad style.

Second =X2/T2*12 does the same calculation as your. So the parentheses are
not necessary here.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"H" wrote:

Hey thanks -- is there a way to do something like this for - I'm getting the
#Div/0 on a few cuz T is 0
=+(X2/T2)*12

"JLatham" wrote:

Here's one that's even more generic, but a little more dangerous - it
disregards virtually all errors, including divide by zero:
=IF(ISERR(B5/A5),"",B5/A5)
note that you can put something in there to show when it did have a problem
(most likely a divide by zero:
=IF(ISERR(B5/A5),"---",B5/A5)

"H" wrote:

Hi - is there a way to avoid getting this result #DIV/0? Can I divide and get
a line or something instead when there is nothing to divide by?

=B5/A5?

Thank you