Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Product Code and Product Description setup

Hi,
use

=VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)

"Nastyashman" wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it does not appear to be working. I
have Excel 2003.

Apparently this has something to do with the 'Lookup' function. I'm not
sure.??

Thanks

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Let's say you have the product code in column A starting in row 2 in sheet 1
and the description in column B, then you want in sheet 2 to populate the
description when product code is entered in cell A3, so in cell B3 in sheet 2
enter

=sumproduct(--(A3=sheet1!$A$1:$A$100),sheet1!$B$1:$B$100)

adjust range to fit you needs but remember the range has to be the same in
both sides of the formula

if you are using excell 2007 use

=sumproduct(--(A3=sheet1!A:A),sheet1!B:B)

"Nastyashman" wrote:

Hello. I have a worksheet that contains one column for Product codes and the
second coloum contains the product description.

How can I set up a system in another worksheet whereby if the product code
is entered into one cell, the corresponding product description is
automatically entered into the cell next to it?

Thank you