Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default hourly average help

Hi Bob

That's not too helpful.
Explain what you have done, what is not right and what it is that you want,
then maybe we can give some further help.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"bob" wrote in message
Thanks for all the help but none of the formulas are giving me what I
want.
"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi Bob

In cell C24 enter
=(24*0.075-SUM(A1:INDEX(A1:A24,COUNT(A1:A24))))
/COUNTBLANK(A1:A24)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"bob" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. I will try and clarify.
"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Hi Bob

Assuming your data is entered in A1:X1
=(24*0.075-SUM(A1:INDEX(A1:X1,COUNT(A1:X1))))/
COUNTBLANK(A1:X1)
will give you the average required for the remaining unfilled hours
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"bob" wrote in message
I need help in trying to set up a work sheet that will keep track of
an
average. I also need to know what I have to maintain to get the
average I
am looking for. Example: I need to average .075 over a 24 hour
period,
lets
say that I have 12 hours of data, i need to know what I have to
average
the
remaining hours to get my .075. I enter the hourly numbers myself.