Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How to calculate frequency of lottery numbers?

Concur

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Max" wrote in message
When you think of it, its pointless to put in so much effort analysing,
since
its basically memoryless from one draw to the next. Doesn't mean the
frequent
ones are better than the infrequent/cold. For an easy flutter to one's
budget, I'd just ask at the sales counter for a computer pick or two, and
be
done with it. Don't even need to mark any forms, etc.
--
Max
Singapore
"Xray_Man" wrote:
I'm new to Excel, so please explain things to this newbie in
non-technical
terms as much as possible! I have downloaded the array of previous week's
winning lottery numbers, and I want Excel to create a number frequency
chart
for me. The numbers are 1 to 59. I want to calculate a histogram of the
frequencies of each number from 1 to 59. So far, I set up Excel so that
the
results of the previous lottery games are in 5 collumns.
A1:A100,B1:B100,C1:C100,D1:D100,E1:E100. I then entered the numbers 1
through
59 into K1:K59. I tried to use the Frequency function, which sort of
seems to
calculate the frequencies as expected, but I don't know where to find the
resulting array of frequencies. I hope what I just said didn't sound too
silly, but my problem is that I don't know how to complete the job so
that I
can some how view the array of frequencies in some easy to view form,
such as
a histogram. Any help would be most appreciated (and I hope it makes me
rich!! LOL)