Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Formula Bar contents missing

Very odd. I would be tempted to do a repair to Office
I cannot think of any option that hides things from Formula Bar
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Griffen" wrote in message
In your example, if I click on A1, A2 or A3, the formula bar remains
blank.
I have to use F2 to edit the cell. Nothing appears in the Form Bar. If I
click on the Formula bar, only the contents of A3 will appear. A1 and A2
show nothing in the Form bar. Does this help?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Say you have two numbers in A1 and A2, and =A1+A2 in cell A3
If you click A3, are you saying you see nothing in the Formula Bar?
How about if you click A1?
Tell use more, please
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Griffen" wrote in message
The contents of my worksheet cells don't show up in my formula bars. I
have
to use F2 to see and change the contents of my cells. The cells are
not
locked or hidden, but nothing shows up in the Formula bar. It happens
in
new
or older worksheets alike. I'm in ver 2007. Ideas?

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.