Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HighJumpTom HighJumpTom is offline

Default Feet and Inches

David and Eddie -

Thanks to both of you. I'm trying to do exactly what David mentions below -
get the y-axis scale to display in Feet and Inches. If it helps - what I'm
trying to do is create a bar chart of the different heights each of my high
jumpers has cleared this season. So, I'd really like the y-axis to begin at
5' 0", end at 6' 2" and go in 2" steps. Any help in doing this would be
appreciated.

Tom

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Perhaps, Eddie, you could explain how to use the result of that as the Y
axis value in a chart, which is what the OP was asking?
--
David Biddulph

HelpExcel.com wrote:
Tom,

You can convert inches to feet/inches with the following formula:

=INT(F18/12) & "' " & MOD(F18,12) & """"

I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I
know that I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not
if it can be avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version
12.1.5.