Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default adding feet and inches

See Chip Pearson's site for working with and calculating feet and inches.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FractionalArithmetic.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:50:01 -0700, Tacklemom
wrote:

I am trying to set up a spread sheet to calculate inventory. I need to add
some items in feet and some in inches. I need to know first do I set these
up at 2 columns one for feet and one for inches ( eg 5'-6" would be in two
seperate columns) and I also need to know how to add the feet and inches
together to know the total feet and inches that I have in stock..

Help please!

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.