Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bagia Bagia is offline

Default Chart to display zeroes values

Is there an easier way, because your steps are too complex for me.

"PBezucha" wrote:

Make another array of functions
= B1+1 (if B1 = 2 - your nomenclature is rather messy) and copy in the
right from your array in the same dimension (just enlarge your values by a
certain number, 0.5 or 1 is proper in your sizes).
Make bar chart from these new values as you got accustomed to.
Add a number (proper value 4, does not matter) in the next near column,
and add another, dummy series based on this single value.
Link two original series to the secondary axis.
Set limits of the primary axis to -1 to 4, of the secondary one to 0 to 5.
All zero bars appear in the height of -1 to 0 (by primary a.).
Set the format of the third, auxiliary series to: Boundaries None, Area None.
The third series bar thereby disappears.
Select the secondary axis and set Font Color Blank, Background Transparent.
The secondary axis legend disappears.
Play around with the widths and spaces of bars.
With labels follow the help.
Regards

--
Petr Bezucha

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,

I have a strange question. I have a clustered column chart where some values
are zero. In such cases, no column appears for these observations (i.e. a
column of zero height). Anyway to make the column appears for these zero
values? There are 8 categories (a thru h) and I want to display 8 bars
representing each category even if the value is zero. Then, I would like to
have the data label displays inside each of the bar representing the value.
Can this be done?

with the following group of data
F08 F09 F10 F11 F12
a 2 0 0 0 0