Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Thora Thora is offline

Default Sine trendline in scatter?

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see an email with caps to remove...so I thought it easiest
just to upload it externally. I hope that's okay. It's .xls

http://www.filedropper.com/sampledataneedssinetrend

The file contains two sets of data, the first is an obvious sine curve
trend, and the second sheet is a much less obvious sine trend (and the real
difficulty, as I can't freehand it). There are a few instances where there is
no data for Y; ignoring those should be fine, I should think.

As for the equation form...it's been so long since I've had to do any of
this... y=Asin(BX) is probably the best I can offer.

Thank you very mych for your assistance!

Thora

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

You will need to do this using Solver
Send me (private email - just remove TRUENORTH.) a file with sample data and
tell me the form of the equation to be used in the fit (example: y=Asin(Bx)
where A and B are to be determined)
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Thora" wrote in message

I admit I'm not well versed with Excel 2007, but it doesn't appear that I
can add a sine trend line to my scatter point chart and I need to. Is
there a
way to do this or perhaps an add-on that adds it to the trendline-type
menu?

Thanks,
Thora