Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default hourly average help

Bob:

There is one function AVERAGE(B2:B13) and this will give the average of the
numbers.

The other method is to use SUM(B2:B13)/12 assuming the data is in B2:B13
and the time in A2:A13.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK

"bob" wrote:

I need help in trying to set up a work sheet that will keep track of an
average. I also need to know what I have to maintain to get the average I
am looking for. Example: I need to average .075 over a 24 hour period, lets
say that I have 12 hours of data, i need to know what I have to average the
remaining hours to get my .075. I enter the hourly numbers myself.