Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wanda Wanda is offline

Default Conditional Formatting, multiple conditions

Thanks! Worked great!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

You do not need an IF formula; but a formula that evaluates to either True
or FALSE
Select he cells in the A column, I will assume the first one is A1.
One the conditional format dialog and use this formula
=OR(B1<D1,C1<E1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Wanda" wrote in message
Help! I'm using Excel 2007. I'm comparing old rates and tiers on a type
of
account to the new rates and tiers. Part of my worksheet is as below:

A B C D
1 Account OldCutoff1 OldRate1 NewCutoff1 NewRate1
2 OldCutoff2 OldRate2 NewCutoff2 NewRate2
3 OldCutoff3 OldRate3 NewCutoff3 NewRate3
4 OldCutoff4 OldRate4 NewCutoff4 NewRate4

A1:A4 is merged into one cell. I would like to conditionally format
(highlight) this cell if any of the newcutoffs or rates are different than
the corresponding old cutoffs or rates. Should I do "if B1<D1 OR C1<E1
OR
B2<D2 etc." or "if B1=D1 AND C1=E1 AND B2=D2 etc"??

I tried doing something like adding everything together into a
unneccessary
total, then comparing the 2 totals, but that wouldn't work in the case of
one
rate or cutoff going up by the same amount that another rate or cutoff
decreased.

As always, any assistance is appreciated!