Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MikeW MikeW is offline

Default Can Excel automatically insert current date in a cell?

Rick, I'm trying to do the same thing, could you explain the VB event code
I'd have to use?

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

I'm assuming that once the date is added to the worksheet, you would not
want it to change. If that is the case, you will need to use VB event code
to handle this. Is a VB solution an acceptable choice?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"aspect30" wrote in message
How can I make today's date auto fill in a cell upon entering data in
another
cell. I would like the cell B1 that contains the date to remain empty
until I
enter data in cell A1.
Please advise.
Thanks.

"Paul B" wrote:

AdrianXing, you could put =TODAY() in a cell and it will up date, if you
don't want the date to change after you put it in use some code in the
workbook open event to do it, like this

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = Date

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"AdrianXing" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a function that can make Excel automatically insert
the
current date into a cell when a file is opened up?