Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Can someone help me with this regular expression?

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:35:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hello,

I would like to be able to create a regular expression that will only
return the lower ascii characters (ie: 0-127), and replace all other
characters with a carriage return. Can anyone tell me the regex for
this?

Thanks,
James

The regex to match all ASCII characters that are NOT in the range of 0-127
would be:

[^\x00-\x7F]

For the replacement, you will need to literally insert the ascii code 10 as I
don't believe VBSCript supports the tokens in replacement text.

In VBA, you would set the replacement text to Chr(10).

If you are entering it in a worksheet cell, you would hold down the <alt key
and type 0010 on the numeric keypad.
--ron