Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Té Té is offline

Default Excel Template (Creating a Function in the template)

Help! I 've found a wonderful template (Inventory List) And in the template I
am trying to create a funtion.

Our signs depreciate over a 24 month period down to a zero book value. So,
lets say I paid $15,895.00 for this sign on 01/01/09; this means that the
sign loses $662.29(cost of sign divided by 24 months) worth of value each
month. So, on 02/01/09 the sign would be worth $15,232.71 and as of 03/01/09
it would be worth $14570.42 and so on€¦losing $662.29 worth of value every
month for 24 months.

I found that the template works for every other aspect of data I need to
capture once I add filters. J But, I want to know if there is a way to make
the Current Value column update automatically based on the month (or daily if
we have to) you open the document in. I want to always see the absolute
current value of the sign at all times