Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default "Marching ants" around copied cell

Doesn't work that way for me. It only works in the Personal.xls file.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Simon Lloyd" wrote in message

Sorry!, i meant if the code was stored in the ThisWorkbook module of
PERSONAL.xls would it not then affect every workbook opened?T.
Valko;186343 Wrote:
Would that be the same if the code was saved in PERSONAL.xls?

???

I'm not following you.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Simon Lloyd" wrote in message

Would that be the same if the code was saved in PERSONAL.xls?T.
Valko;186308 Wrote:
The method that Simon is describing can only be used in the workbook

in
which you place the code.

The method I use (which takes more work to setup) can be used in any
workbook.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Riccol" wrote in message
Thanks, Simon. I'm going to tackle your instructions in the AM and
report
back after. (Your method sounds especially good as you say it

kills
the
ants immediately after pasting.)

RC

Simon Lloyd wrote:
Press and hold Alt & F11, the VBE (visual basic editor) will

open,
on
the left you will see a list of your worksheets and on called
ThisWorkbook, they are all code modules, double click the
Thisworkbook
and paste the code i gave.

If you are ever given code for a standard module then use Alt+F11

as
before and instead of double clicking Thisworkbook, right click

in
that
area, choose Insert and then choose Module, then you can paste

your
code
in there. The best way to learn is to record a macro while you

are
doing
a task and then go back and take a look at the generated code,

it's
true
to say that you will see a lot of code that is excess to
requirements
but it will give you a basic idea on how things are structured.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile:
'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon Lloyd'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: '\"Marching ants\" around copied cell - The Code

Cage Forums' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=50724)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,