Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Simon Lloyd[_68_] Simon Lloyd[_68_] is offline

Default "Marching ants" around copied cell

Press and hold Alt & F11, the VBE (visual basic editor) will open, on
the left you will see a list of your worksheets and on called
ThisWorkbook, they are all code modules, double click the Thisworkbook
and paste the code i gave.

If you are ever given code for a standard module then use Alt+F11 as
before and instead of double clicking Thisworkbook, right click in that
area, choose Insert and then choose Module, then you can paste your code
in there. The best way to learn is to record a macro while you are doing
a task and then go back and take a look at the generated code, it's true
to say that you will see a lot of code that is excess to requirements
but it will give you a basic idea on how things are structured.Riccol;186154 Wrote:
I've never used a Macro before. The spreadsheets I make are mostly just
invoices and ledger stuff for my small (very small) business, no real
complicated formulas or anything, thus I've never tried learning about
Macros.

So the codes posted to kill the ants are greek to me, I don't even know
where I'm supposed to type them. But I'd like to learn what to do with
them if anyone has the time to explain it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

RC

T. Valko wrote:
I use the "Ant_Killer" method!

To the OP:

Do you use macros for anything and if so do you have any of them

stored in a
file called Personal.xls?

--
Simon Lloyd